Soft core yarn attachment
CTL – Core Traverse Linked is the Pinter Group attachment for the production of Soft Core yarn.
The attachment has been developed to guarantee three essential qualities in the yarn:
- Constant elasticity along the yarn.
- Perfect centring of the filament to obtain a good coverage of the core.
- No filament missing.
Composition of CTL
To house the filament bobbins, a special creel is required. The creel is made up of couple of unwinding rollers with the following characteristics:
- Electronically driven.
- The speed of rollers is adjustable to set the correct elasticity in filament. The speed is constant to guarantee the same elasticity in the yarn from the beginning to the end of the ring frame.
- Knurled surface to avoid bobbin slippage.
CTL is equipped with bobbin lifters: in case of filament breakage, the operator can pull up the bobbin to avoid lapping over the unwinding rollers.
Patented special guides guarantee a constant elasticity and precise centring of the filament in the yarn. These guides are connected to the traverse of the ring frame, moving together filament and roving. Due to the automatic movement there is no need to do the manual setting of the guides. Beside this, the automatic movement helps to avoid an excessive waste of the cots.
Features and advantages
- It can be installed on any kind of ring frame, either for short or long staple fibres.
- It is equipped with filament breakages detectors and Roving Stop motion to ensure the presence of the filament inside the yarn.
- It can be combined with PCESY slub attachment.
- It can be upgraded to produce Duo Core or Tri Core yarn.
- Tailor-made mechanical adaptation according to the ring frame model.
- Electrical cabinet with cooling technologyand tropicalized control board developed to work in extreme temperature conditions.
- In-built UPS.
The CTL attachment allows the production of the following kind of yarn:
- Soft filament covered by any spun fibre.